Select Page

NBA is back! Check out our In-Season Package

The first round of fantasy drafts has been thrown into confusion by – you guessed it – the running back position. Alvin Kamara and Dalvin Cook are working through sticky contract situations.

The truth is that there’s no concrete answer here. We can’t really do this with math, it’s too subjective and there are too many moving parts. For example, last year I thought there was a 5% chance Ezekiel Elliott would miss games due to his holdout. I thought that was enough for me to take David Johnson over Zeke. Of course it wasn’t, as the 95% outcome hit and Zeke was clearly the right play (in hindsight).

Editor’s Note: Our Draft Kit is just $35. It comes with Evan’s Silva’s Top 150, his sleepers, his busts and our Top 300 rankings for every format. For more info, click here.

You also need to weigh your own risk tolerance. You take a slight hit in projection by taking Joe Mixon, Michael Thomas or Miles Sanders over the two guys discussed below. But you also gain some safety, and I wouldn’t hate on anyone for that.

So here’s how I personally would handle each situation in season-long right now. For Evan’s take, you can always access his Top 150 here. I also have put the takes of Pat Thorman and Mike Leone and Pat Kerrane at the bottom of this article as I think they are some of the sharpest season-long players around.

 

 

We've created the best Draft Kit on the internet.

Our fantasy football Draft Kit was created to prepare you with the highest-quality resources to help you win your league. Just $34.99, this subscription includes all of our NFL content during the NFL offseason until Week 1.

Our team of analysts, led by Evan Silva and Adam Levitan, create content and rankings including Silva’s Top-150 and Tiers, cheat sheets, strategy articles, full team previews and podcasts for most fantasy formats, including typical home leagues, auction, 2-QB, best ball and other online paid leagues. While this Draft Kit is for competitive fantasy players, we’ve made it fun and easy to consume.

If you aren’t satisfied with our Draft Kit for any reason, just email us within 48 hours of purchase and we’ll provide a full refund.

Full Draft Kit Overview » Already a subscriber? Log In