While we hope you will devour the entire Draft Kit, many have asked us what is most important here and how to be ready to win in a short period of time. This is a quick guide to answer that question.
1. Use our Rankings and Tiers: Our rankings are our top priority. It is important to us to provide the best experience possible for our customers. When news breaks, we often update immediately, and certainly by 9AM the next day. In short, you can trust our rankings reflect the latest news and our best effort to make accurate predictions.
NOTE ON RANKINGS UPDATES: THE PAGE TIMESTAMP DOES NOT UPDATE, BUT THE RANKINGS UPDATE AT 9AM DAILY!
Our rankings are built from Evan Silva’s Top 150, but customized to all popular fantasy scoring systems and format ADPs. Each set of rankings comes with a PDF cheatsheet for draft day. Our Rankings Hub has links to every format we cover.
2. Listen to Positional Overview Pods (FREE): In late August, we created podcasts to cover the QB, RB, WR, and TE positions. These make for good listening to quickly get up to speed on our takes for each position.
3. Team Previews: For serious players looking for any edge they can get, and especially useful in Best Ball or deeper leagues, we have a write-up of every fantasy relevant player in Evan Silva’s Team Previews. While rankings are the “bottom line,” understanding key factors that contribute to rankings is important when considering ranges of player-outcomes. Perhaps you may even disagree with our analysis in certain places, but the important part is understanding the why behind our rankings.
Here’s a sample player preview, note each section also includes projected starting lineups and Silva’s win-total analysis.
4. Fantasy Analysis: Our approach to fantasy football starts with solid format-specific rankings and tiers for drafting, but we create a significant amount of other analysis. We have dozens of pieces in the Draft Kit, but have highlighted a few that we think are particularly useful. For a list of all of our articles, click here.
Silva: 2020 Sleepers and Undervalued — 15 players Evan Silva is higher on than market – and why.
Kerrane: How to hit on a later-round RB — The fantasy dream is finding a late-round RB that becomes an every week starter or even an RB1. This piece lays out a systematic approach on how to do just that.
Jack Haan’s Auction Game Plan — If you’re in an Auction league, don’t miss this thorough strategy guide from one of the world’s best auction drafters.
“How to Handle” Series — With news still moving in September, we released a “How to Handle” series for key fantasy situations where news has changed player outlooks. Our analysts share their thoughts on Alvin Kamara & Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette and Antonio Gibson.
5. At the draft: “win the draft”: Before you draft, we recommend familiarizing yourself with Evan Silva’s Top 150 to get an idea of where he stands on most fantasy relevant players. Next, find the set of ETR Top 300 rankings that applies to your league format. When drafting, we recommend using Tiers of Evan alongside our rankings to guide you through your draft. Note that you can download PDF cheatsheets for all of the aforementioned resources. Finally, on draft day, consider reviewing Adam Levitan’s “Exploiting Default Rankings” on Yahoo or ESPN, and using our ADP Report to get a sense of where players typically are being drafted.
Editor’s Note: The NFL is back. If you already have the Draft Kit and would like to add our In-Season package, please email us at [email protected].