Select Page

Our Early Bird NFL Bundle is Now Available!

 

The Super Bowl MVP is one of the most widely discussed awards that there are in professional sports. As is the case with any awards market, understanding who wins awards and why is essential to making well-informed bets. In this article I’ll be primarily focusing on more recent Super Bowl MVPs in search of any useful trends before diving into a number of options in this year’s big game. Lastly, I provide a quick recap on 22 different Super Bowl MVPs at the end of this article to more thoroughly discuss who has won this award and who they beat out.

In 2001, the voting process for Super Bowl MVP was considerably altered, as 20% of the vote has since been made up from fans voting online throughout the fourth quarter. The other 80% of the vote comes from 16 media members that are in attendance to cover the game. The table below shows every Super Bowl MVP since Super Bowl XXXV (35) between the Giants and the Ravens, which was the title game for the 2000 season. I began tracking odds during the 2009 season, so that will be another marker in our analysis.

 

This Century’s Super Bowl MVPs

We create the highest-quality NFL content

Our team includes renowned fantasy analysts Evan Silva and Adam Levitan, high-stakes professional DFS players, and specialists who cover niche areas that we believe are important to understand.

We don’t sell lineups or claim to have all of the answers. We do analyze what’s happening in a way that’s digestible and actionable, with a goal of preparing you to make the best decisions possible during the 2021 NFL season.

Read on to learn what’s inside our In-Season NFL subscription.

Full Details! » Already a subscriber? Log In