Below are the ETR Dynasty Rookie Draft Rankings. For our full Dynasty rankings, CLICK HERE.
Rookie Evaluation Philosophy
- Leading up to the NFL Draft, it is important to put together a profile for each prospect that can be applied to the draft position once it is known.
- My profiles are done primarily through statistics, but there is also value in understanding where players win through watching them, and reading the analysis of trusted scouts.
- We look holistically at prospects, attempting to develop a sound range of outcomes to understand prospects through probabilities.
- Age and experience both matter for all prospects, but will vary in degree by position.
- Click here for information on what we look for when evaluating RBs.
- Click here for information on what we look for when evaluating WRs.
- This is the position we think we are the worst at evaluating.
- We are leaning the most on draft position here.
- Statistically, we like to see high adjusted yards per pass attempt (AY/A), but trying to avoid small sample size biases.
- Rushing ability matters a ton given both the overall direction of the position, and the built-in floor.
- Landing spot matters the most here. We want immediate volume if we can get it.
- Prefer to see a strong receiving resume, but a lack of collegiate receptions does not prevent a prospect from doing it at the next level.
- Adjusted yards per team play ([rushing yards + 2*receiving yards]/plays) the most valued statistic.
- 40 time and speed score matter, but perhaps only inasmuch as they relate to draft position.
- Position we can develop the most reliable statistical profile for.
- Breakout age and year (based on 30% dominator rating threshold) most important statistic.
- Total years out of high school matters a ton: three-year players wildly more successful than every other group.
- Receiving yards per team pass attempt preferred production statistic.
- Not a ton of data on TEs due to small sample size of prospects.
- Care a lot about athleticism — we want TEs who can create mis-matches.
- Any TE who can come close to the WR breakout thresholds needs to be taken notice of.
- Need to pay attention to scouting profiles to see if players are more blocker than receiver.
We've created the best Draft Kit on the internet.
Our fantasy football Draft Kit was created to prepare you with the highest-quality resources to help you win your league.
Our team of analysts, led by Evan Silva and Adam Levitan, create unmatched content and rankings to make sure you’re ready for draft day. While our Draft Kit is built for competitive fantasy players, we’ve made it fun and easy to consume.
If you aren’t satisfied with our Draft Kit for any reason, just email us within 48 hours of purchase and we’ll provide a full refund.Full Draft Kit Overview » Already a subscriber? Log In