Evan Silva submits his full Matchups Column on Thursday evenings. After that, news will break. This Update Log is the spot to get Evan’s take on the latest injuries.
* Click here for the full Matchups Column
* Click here for the Matchups Homepage
* As expected, the Bucs ruled out WR Chris Godwin (concussion).
* Michael Thomas (high ankle sprain) was ruled out for Monday Night Football against the Raiders. I like Jared Cook‘s chances of assuming top pass-catching duties for New Orleans along with Alvin Kamara, and Tre’Quan Smith to join the starting lineup opposite Emmanuel Sanders. Sean Payton also figures to dial up more of trick-play lovechild Taysom Hill. Dynamic gadget guy Deonte Harris will be playable on one-game DFS slates.
* The Steelers will host Denver without RT Zach Banner (ACL, I.R.), RG David DeCastro (knee), and top OL reserve Stefen Wisniewski (pec, I.R.). Especially after the Broncos bottled up Derrick Henry in Week 1, this is a concerning development for a Pittsburgh running back corps that lacks defined usage following Benny Snell‘s efficient opener but James Conner‘s quick return to full practice. (Conner isn’t even on this week’s injury report.)
* The Cowboys placed slot CB Anthony Brown (ribs) on I.R., improving Falcons slot WR Russell Gage‘s Week 2 matchup.
* Henry Ruggs (knee) participated on a limited basis in Saturday’s non-padded practice but is listed as questionable for Monday night. Raiders RT Trent Brown (calf) is doubtful, concerning for Derek Carr‘s protection against a Saints defense that fielded one of the NFL’s top 2019 pass rushes and pummeled Tom Brady in